Sankaran Rajagopal is currently a Senior Director responsible for Energy Markets- Business Solutions at Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Grid Software out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. He is an Iowa State Ph.D. in E.E. He’s been with Siemens for over two decades.
His salient and active engagements at Siemens over the years have been:
- Power System Applications Development, Operator Training Simulators, Regional Black-start Drills and System Restoration
- Development and Product Release management
- Program Management for Siemens delivered market system at California ISO.
- Engaged in Siemens Market system solutions thru’ the rapid progression of game changers: shale gas, renewable penetration, energy imbalance market, storage penetration and now FERC 2222
- Global engagement in the topics of market design and systems
- New business solutions dealing with Energy Markets and Market Participants
He is a regular volunteer as a teacher for children in the Sunday school and non-profits fundraising. His fun activities are: running, road bike, puzzles, classical music, Bridge and face-time with my grand daughter.